Your cart is currently empty.Continue shopping
The Pros And Cons Of Napping
Naps are typically associated with young children, the elderly, and cats, but naps can be beneficial for people of all ages. Read below to understand the positives and negatives of naps.
The recommended time for a nap is about 15-35 minutes. If a nap is within this time frame, there are numerable benefits.
According to The Sleep Foundation,
- Naps can restore alertness
- Naps can enhance performance
- Mistakes and accidents are reduced when people nap
- Naps can relax you
- Naps can give you more energy
However, many people can’t sleep during the day or aren’t comfortable sleeping somewhere other than their own beds. Naps are certainly not ideal for everyone, and there are some downfalls to the afternoon nap.
- Naps can lead to grogginess when you wake from a deep stage of sleep. For people who take longer naps, they can become more disoriented for longer periods.
- Napping for too long can make it harder to sleep at night
- When you nap late in the day, it could make it harder to fall and stay asleep at night
Overall, there are more benefits to napping. So next time you see Mittens napping in the afternoon sun, save the jealously and consider taking a cat nap yourself!